We are an Orthodox Christian community of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America, under the care of Bishop Thomas of Charleston, Oakland, and the Mid-Atlantic.
Our community at St. Anthony's extends a heartfelt invitation to all Orthodox Christians and to all interested visitors to join us in worship and fellowship. (For driving directions, click here!). And until we meet face to face, follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/orthodoxbutler , on this website, and on the website of our little Cranberry Outreach: https://orthodoxoutreachusa.org).
God bless you and direct your steps!
Fr. Bogdan (Bucur), parish priest
Our regular weekly services are as follows:
Saturdays: Vespers, 6:30 pm
Sundays: Matins, 9:15 am; Divine Liturgy, 10:00 am
For feasts that fall on a weekday, we usually meet at 6:30pm on the eve of the feast to celebrate Vesperal Liturgy.
During Lent the Divine Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts is typically rotating between the three Orthodox churches in our area. For this year's services, see below.
- HOUSE BLESSINGS – Father Bogdan is available to come on Saturday or Sunday afternoon/evening.
- Sunday, Feb. 18 (Forgiveness Sunday—“Cheesefare”). Vespers of Forgiveness, 1 PM.
2018 SCHEDULE OF PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN SERVICES
- Monday-Thursday (2/ 19-22), 5:30 pm: Compline and Great Canon of Saint Andrew of Crete
- Friday, February 23, 5:3o pm: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (Saint Andrew’s)
- Wednesday, Feb. 28, 6 pm: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (St Anthony’s)
- Wednesday, March 7, 6pm: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (Saints Peter and Paul)
- Wednesday, March 14, 5:30 pm: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (Saint Andrew’s)
- Wednesday, March 21, 6 pm: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (Saints Peter and Paul)
- Wednesday, March 28, 6 pm: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (Saint Anthony’s)
As is customary, each Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts will be followed by a Lenten potluck meal.
Baptism of Miruna Bucur (2 Feb 2014): video here.
The Becker family (Timothy, Caroline Anna, Samuel, Luke, and Hossana Perpetua) were received into Orthodoxy. Their sponsors are Deacon Luke and Alexis Cross. Photos are available on Facebook page of Chris Humphrey, who was kind enough to make professional photos of this event. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see a couple of them.
The Becker family with their sponsors.