We invite you to read our weekly bulletin, where you will find short reflections on the Scripture readings assigned to each Sunday, news from the parish community, and more.
Come, worship with us!
Our regular weekly services are as follows:
Saturdays: Vespers, 6:30 pm
Sundays: Matins, 9:15 am; Divine Liturgy, 10:00 am
Weekly Saturday and Sunday services have resumed at St. Anthony's!
For feasts that fall on a weekday, we usually meet at 6:30pm on the eve of the feast to celebrate Vesperal Liturgy.
During Lent the Divine Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts is typically rotating between the three Orthodox churches in our area. For this year's services, see below.
NEWS and UPCOMING EVENTS
- Saturday, December 16, 10 AM — Noon, Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Church
“The Ancient of Days is born as a baby: Christmas, the Real Deal”
Presentation by Fr. Bogdan followed by Q&A
- Thursday, December 21, 5—8 PM: Advent party at the Adams Ridge Clubhouse (100 Adams Ridge Boulevard, Mars, PA). We will pray the Advent Paraklesis and continue with Christmas carols, cider, mulled wine and fasting food, games and fellowship. Come and bring a friend!
UPDATE ON THE CRANBERRY OUTREACH. In order to improve the chances of success for both St. Anthony’s and the Cranberry mission, while awaiting Martie's ordination as a deacon, we have decided on the following:
• weekly services resume in Butler, at St. Anthony’s;
• the mission will restart itself, building anew from the ground up: Martie will lead Bible studies /Intro to Orthodoxy on weeknights; occasional Sunday liturgies will occur when Dc. Seraphim Moslener or other clergy are available;
• when no Sunday services are held at the mission, anyone willing and able is encouraged to come to St. Anthony’s for worship, fellowship, and catechesis;
• when Martie is ordained we will return to weekly services at both locations
Relief Effort for the Victims of Hurricane Harvey and people in need
(1) Extra Collection: The supplemental collection will be sent to the Antiochian Archdiocese. If you are writing a check, please make the check out to the ANTIOCHIAN ARCHDIOCESE of NORTH AMERICA, and in the “memo” section of your check write: “Hurricane Harvey”.
(2) “Cleaning Kits” and “Health Kits” to aid in the rebuilding and recovery efforts. Assembly / Drop-off Days
- September 24 - Benefiting Texas ● October 22 - Benefiting Texas
- November 19th - Benefiting Haiti ● December 17th - Benefiting Syria
The kits will be either assembled at home and collected at church, or assembled at church after Liturgy (your option) on the dates below and shipped to IOCC. IOCC will then route our kits to where we have designated for distribution.
(3) SAT, Nov. 4: RUMMAGE AND BAKE SALE at St. Anthony's. INFO: See Seba (“Butchie”).
Baptism of Miruna Bucur (2 Feb 2014): video here.
The Becker family (Timothy, Caroline Anna, Samuel, Luke, and Hossana Perpetua) were received into Orthodoxy. Their sponsors are Deacon Luke and Alexis Cross. Photos are available on Facebook page of Chris Humphrey, who was kind enough to make professional photos of this event. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see a couple of them.
The Becker family with their sponsors.