We are an Orthodox Christian community of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America, under the care of Bishop Thomas of Charleston, Oakland, and the Mid-Atlantic.
Our community at St. Anthony's extends a heartfelt invitation to all Orthodox Christians and to all interested visitors to join us in worship and fellowship. (For driving directions, click here!). And until we meet face to face, follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/orthodoxbutler , on this website, and at https://orthodoxoutreachusa.org.
God bless you and direct your steps!
Fr. Bogdan (Bucur), parish priest
Our regular weekly services are as follows:
Saturdays: Vespers, 6:30 pm
Sundays: Matins, 9:15 am; Divine Liturgy, 10:00 am
For feasts that fall on a weekday, we usually meet at 6:30pm on the eve of the feast to celebrate Vesperal Liturgy.
During Lent the Divine Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts is typically rotating between the three Orthodox churches in our area. For this year's services, see below.
- Wednesday, 3/21, 6 pm: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (Saints Peter and Paul)
- Friday, 3/23, 6 pm: Akathist of the Annunciation
- Saturday, 3/24, 6:30 pm: Great Vespers for the Feast of Annunciation
- Sunday, 3/25: Festal Matins (9 AM) and Divine Liturgy of Annunciation
- Wednesday, 3/28, 6 pm: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (Saint Anthony’s)
HOLY WEEK SERVICES
MONDAY, 4/2, 6:30pm Bridegroom Service
TUESDAY, 4/3, 6:30pm Bridegroom Service
WEDNESDAY, 4/4, 6:30pm Bridegroom Service with Unction.
THURSDAY, 4/5, 6:30pm Bridegroom Service (The 12 Passion Gospels)
- 3:00 adorning of the Tomb;
- 4:00pm Vespers, followed by a light dinner in the Church hall
- 6:30pm Service of the Lamentations
- 10 AM: Pre-paschal Liturgy (@Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Church)
- 11PM: Ceremony of Light, Matins, Paschal Liturgy, potluck meal.
Baptism of Miruna Bucur (2 Feb 2014): video here.
The Becker family (Timothy, Caroline Anna, Samuel, Luke, and Hossana Perpetua) were received into Orthodoxy. Their sponsors are Deacon Luke and Alexis Cross. Photos are available on Facebook page of Chris Humphrey, who was kind enough to make professional photos of this event. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see a couple of them.
The Becker family with their sponsors.